Written by Harmony Walton, The Bridal Bar.
Ever wonder what makes loved ones walk away from a wedding saying it was “one of the best I’ve ever been to”? Well, of course, there’s much to be said about seeing friends and family and watching two people they love tie the knot but it’s also the little wedding details that make a big impact, honour their attendance and make others feel just as loved as the newlyweds!
So how do you make a big party feel intimate for each guest? From midnight snacks to welcome amenities and surprises at every turn in between, we’ve handpicked our favourite tips from Omni Fort Worth Hotel’s Catering Sales Manager Lindsay Kane and Omni Mount Washington Resort’s Senior Wedding Sales Manager Devon Harrison to help you make your wedding guest experience an unforgettable one!
1. Wedding Welcome Bags: Welcome amenities are always a big hit, especially if you include something local. At our hotel, that could be something from our Kimbell Museum Gift Shop or a drink in our Whiskey & Rye Bar. Another fun welcome bag addition is a map with your favourite spots for free time between events. Remember to include an agenda for the weekend so your guests know where to go! – Lindsay Kane
2. Personalize Your Wedding: Personalize your wedding by tying family into it and serve “Grandma’s Famous Cookies” or play your parents’ or grandparents’ wedding song for your first dance. Allow guests to share the special night with those who may only be there in spirit. – Devon Harrison
3. Signature Wedding Cocktails: One bride enlisted the help of her favorite bartender at our Whiskey & Rye Bar to craft something with local TX Whiskey for her and Revolver Beer for the groom. She even asked her bartender to serve the drinks during the wedding. When guests asked what was in the cocktail, the bartender was able to give a personal story about the bride and groom! This was an awesome way for guests to find out a little more about what the bride and groom enjoy. – Lindsay Kane
4. Say it with S’mores: Kids of all ages love s’mores and nothing could be more festive than enjoying them by our year round fire pit located in the National Forest. – Devon Harrison
5. Late Night Snacks: This is another great way to get creative. Our amazing culinary team is always looking for ways to do something new and recently that came in the form of a French Fry Station, complete with garlic parmesan fries, sweet potato fries, and an assortment of flavoured ketchups. Guests loved that it was unique and delicious! – Lindsay Kane
Personal touches, sweets that are unexpected, and celebrating loved ones as they will do for you, make for a memorable wedding night not only for the newlyweds but guests too!