We’re reaching the end of what’s been a pretty happy, shiny and Midas-approved week here at Brit + Co. During our seven day Gold Rush, we’ve shown you plenty ofways to get your gild on. But if there’s one group of people who appreciate style inspiration more than the general public, it’s brides-to-be. For you, our dears, a little inspiration for your solid gold day of dearly belovedness.
1. Art Deco Invites: The Gilded Age might have been long gone by the time the roaring ‘20s came along, but there’s hardly an era that is glitzier or glammier. Give props where props are due and give a nod to prohibition days by living it up with art-deco-inspired invites. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Petal Aisle Runner: Most brides in the world aren’t going to be as lucky as this bride was. Her aunts hand-stitched each and everyone one of these petals onto her ombre aisle runner. Now that’s love. (via Wedding Chicks)
3. Glitter Escort Tags ($2): If you’re like us, you’re going to want to put gold in every nook and cranny, right down to the escort card details.
4. Vivacious Peep-Toes ($300): Diamonds on the soles of your shoes and gold everywhere else. Yup, that’s the way you roll on your wedding day.
7. Heart Photo Booth Backdrop: Alright, so this mylar heart backdrop is made with the silver variety, but y’all are well aware that that stuff comes in the more tawny variety as well. (via Alanda Jones-Mann)
8. Confetti Toss Exit: If you miraculously find a wedding venue that is cool with your guests throwing anything at all, doing a confetti toss for your post-vows aisle exit is definitely the way to go. (via Easton Events)
9. Berry Accents: If you’re going for gold, think about using berry accents via flowers, your shoes or even ribbon detailing. It’s the best and the only kind of drama you want on your wedding day. (via Elizabeth Anne Designs)
10. Gilded Garage: Backyard weddings are like the best. But some real-life features, like garage doors, aren’t always the prettiest. But that’s nothing a mix of crepe paper and gold metallic curtains can’t take care of. (via Coco Cozy)
11. Backdrop/Guest Book: You guys. It doesn’t get easier or cheaper than this. Get a black roll of paper, some metallic paint and metallic paint pens, and you’ve got yourself a photo booth backdrop that doubles as a guest book. (via Hostess With The Mostess)
12. Bubbly Bar: And while we’re on the topic of black paper and metallic paints, go ahead and make this epic bubbly bar… and then send us an invite to what is obviously going to be the best wedding ever. (via 100 Layer Cake)
14. Golden Winter Macarons: It’s a wedding… meaning your guests are going to want to eat more desserts than you even thought was humanly possible. Let the feeding frenzy begin with these little poppables. (via Ruffled)
16. Gold Glitter Dipped Fortune Cookies: Can we all just agree that one of the best inventions of our lifetime is edible glitter? The Internet might be a tiny bit better, but edible glitter is a close second. (via Lauren Conrad)
17. Sequin Photo Booth DIY: 600 — that’s the number of giant pieces of sequin you’ll need to create a disco ball inspired photo booth backdrop. Just set up your DSLR, get a wireless clicker and get clickin’. (via Oh Happy Day)
18. Gold Russian Veil: There’s just something so elegant about a Russian veil, and one in subtle gold has us totally swooning. Find similarly beautiful wedding accessories at Hushed Commotion in Brooklyn. (via Style Me Pretty)
23. Fall Woodland Gilded Centerpiece: A woodland wedding doesn’t have to be all browns, tans and creams. Grab some sticks or branches from the ground and give them a quick treatment with some gold spray paint and you have an eye-catching, elegant and uber inexpensive centerpiece. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
24. Beach Wedding Dress: The hard and fast rule of wearing white to your nuptials is now open for interpretation. If you’re saying, “I do” next to the big blue, you’re going to want to wear something that gives it a run for its money in the sparkle department. This dress from Badgley Mischka is here to do that for you. (via Style Me Pretty)
25. Peach + Gold Centerpieces: If the deep-berry color and gold combo is too dramatic for you, go with peach tones to soften things up. Gather teapots from garage sales and thrift stores, make use of that can of gold spray paint and hand it over to your florist to let her fill in the stems. (via Style Me Pretty)
31. Paper Clips Gone Glam: This couple wins all the prizes. Not only did they take toy animals, paint them gold and then turn them into napkin rings, but they gave paper clips the same paint job and made them into a totally incredible table treatment. (via Ruffled)
33. Gold Leaves: Wedding Chicks is calling this the ultimate DIY wedding, which, as you can probably guess, caught our attention. The bride made so many incredibly beautiful aspects for her big day, including a gold-leaf crown and gold-leaf napkin rings. Her hard work paid off — big time. This entire wedding only set her back $6,000! (via Wedding Chicks)
40. Balloon Ribbon: If you have, like, zero time left for any DIY projects but still want more-than-plain balloons floating around your par-tay, it’s amazing what a simple shiny ribbon can do. (via Jeleza Rose)