Is it rare to be encouraged to steal something? We happen to encourage you all to steal our Offbeat Bride ideas rather a lot. In fact, one of our biggest archives is full of wedding ideas that we’d really like you to steal, pretty please.
But I couldn’t get all of my favorites on this list (though I made sure to include my favorite tip for a post-ceremony activity). What I’m saying is, you should go have a wander through that once you’re done with these 30 of my favorites.
1. Play rock-paper-scissors to decide who says their vows first.
2. Build your bouquet on the way down the aisle.
3. Stuck for favors ideas? Give your guests IOUs!
4. Ask your friends to be in your wedding party with a fun “contract.”
5. The popular So-You’re-Going-to-Sit-Through-a-Wedding program.
6. Spice up your first look with a blindfold.
7. Outdoor summer reception? Don’t forget the bug spray.
8. Help your partner out: Paint your ring fingernail a different color.
9. Skip the guestbook. Have guests sign Jenga blocks!
10. Want a super-easy way to add a DIY touch to your shoes? Don’t forget clip-ons.
11. Outdoor ceremony? You can still have stained-glass for a backdrop.
12. Give your evening ceremony a romantic glow by giving everyone candles.
13. Give guests local favors from your destination wedding.
14. Use soft candies for place-card holders!
15. Don’t forget about dressing up your tattoos for your wedding too!
16. Offer healthy, snackable favors in the form of fruit bouquet centerpieces.
17. Did you and your partner have an online romance? Make a bouquet from your early love letters!
18. Centerpieces don’t have to be complex to have wow.
19. Trade day-of wedding duties with other engaged friends.
20. Where my runners at? Use your bibs as table numbers!
21. Not into the idea of a personal shower? Ask for potted flowers to spruce up your wedding day!
22. Check out this unity ceremony with an umbrella and “prosperity mix!”
23. We love chalkboard signs. Grab some silver trays and some chalkboard paint, yo.
24. Consider scheduling in some serious down time after your ceremony.
25. If your photog’s rad, don’t forget to take a photo with them!
26. Who says you’ve got to eat with everyone else? Have a private dinner alone.
27. Eschew the slippers and sandals: get your guests fuzzy socks to dance in!
28. Greet your guests by serving them dessert.
29. Photo booths are fun. But have you thought about TATTOO booths?
30. Show your guests who you are with spice jars on your cake!
But that’s just what we think is cool. What other simple tips and tricks do you think every other engaged person should know about? And if you need even MOAR inspiration, take a waltz through our archives with hundreds of steal-worthy ideas!